Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 172

Grammy came over again for more work on the living room. This time she and Mom made great progress on laying down the new floor! Ben is getting excited about all this nice, smooth space to learn to crawl!









The editors would also like to share a letter that was received in regards to the previous post about Ben eating peas:

Jess,
        Just before I went to work yesterday, I watched the video of you feeding peas to Benjamin. I am sure that Adam has told you about the Peas vs Lima Beans debate that we have had over the years, and I need to tell you that it is totally unfair to bias my grandson against Limas by mixing apples into the peas. You know that the pea industry has tried to unfairly influence that world into believing that peas are better than limas by hiring celebreties to push their products...I give you the Jolly Green Giant as an example. They also have used seductive advertising to lure you into buying their products by using adjectives like LeSeur and frozen. The lima industry has fallen prey to this by marketing baby limas, but mostly they have remained faithful to the product line of offering simply lima beans and succotash, nothing fancy, nothing seductive, only purity of taste and image. Granted I do like peas in chicken pot pies, but they are blended with carrots and onions so their pasty taste isn't so overwhelming. As for pea pods and sugar snap peas, that is a topic for discussion related to Chinese food entirely. So if you would please play fairly, I will regard this as a one time event that was an attempt to mask the horrible pea taste for my impressionable grandson to ease his distaste for peas. Thank you.
Chuck
Ben, Spit those nasty peas out and beg, no demand your lima beans (without apples).
Grandpa Chuck

Mom has taken this into serious consideration and will be weighing the pros and cons of lima beans vs. peas. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment